It has come to our attention that some players have expressed concerns regarding the brightness of the new HDR mode.
We’d love to hear from you if you feel you are experiencing this.
- Remove any switches/receivers between the PS4/PRO and the TV. Try connecting PS4/PRO directly to the TV and see if that impacts the visuals
If you are still having issues:
Please send us a description of what you are experiencing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Are you using a PlayStation 4 or a PlayStation 4 Pro?
- TV make and model
- Details regarding the TV mode and settings.
- How is your PlayStation 4 system connected to your TV? If you are using a receiver or HDMI switch, what is the make and model?
- What HDR or Performance Options are you experiencing this issue with? Does this only occur with HDR switched to “On” through the in-game Options menu?
- What is the Brightness slider set to in the in-game Options menu? (0 = All the way left, 5 = middle, 10 = all the way right)
We really appreciate your feedback and are currently investigating the issue. Thank you!